Saturday, August 24, 2013

Paleo Eats: Buffalo Chicken Pasta Bowl

Hello Friends,
Let the Paleo recipe fest commence! I found this yummy recipe on the "PaleOMG" blog, to be honest I didn't follow her recipe at all really, aside from using some of the same ingredients, so I will still post the link to hers below but, this post is actually a rendition of my own. For those of you that know me I have been on a "Buffalo Sauce" kick lately and I cannot get enough of it so I am loving seeing these Paleo recipes that incorporate it!


Ingredients:

1 chicken breast, thawed
2 medium- sized yellow squash
1/2 cup of Franks Red Hot Sauce (Buffalo style)
1/4 cup of coconut milk
4 Baby carrots (1/2 actual carrot would probably work)
4 cloves of garlic
1/4 of a medium sweet onion
1 TBSP Crisco shortening
1 1/2 TBSP Olive oil
Vegetable peeler (I used my potato peeler)

To begin mix 1/2 cup of hot sauce, I used Franks Buffalo but go for whatever you prefer,  and the 1/4 cup of coconut milk and pour over the raw chicken and place in the fridge to marinade, I did mine overnight but I'm sure an hour would work fine if you don't have all night.

Cut the ends off of the yellow squash and peel off the harder surface and discard. Start peeling off "linguine" sized strands of the squash and stop once you see the seeds start to show through. Set the squash aside.

Take out marinaded chicken, cut into cubes and place in non- stick pan and cook on the stove over medium heat until meat is white on the inside, about 8-10 minutes and turn every couple minutes to avoid burning the chicken on either side. While the chicken is cooking mince the garlic, carrots, and onion.

Once the chicken is cooked, set aside in separate bowl. Turn the heat down so that it is a higher simmer, if that makes sense. Pour 1/2 TBSP of olive oil into pan and add the carrot, garlic, and onion sautee these three ingredients for a few minutes until onion is see-through and starts to brown a little. Then add the yellow squash pasta to that pan with the extra 1 TBSP of olive oil and mix everything together, you'll want to let the squash cook/ sautee for about five minutes maybe longer depending on how soft you want it. Then add the chicken to the pan with the rest of the ingredients and mix everything together. Once the heat of the dish is to your preference dish up and enjoy!


Until next time,
Sarah


No comments:

Post a Comment